Friday, April 23, 2021

Do Good Neighbors Make Good Fences?

 The purpose of this blog is to bring some good-neighborliness to the Shabbat table. Please print and share., forward, post on facebook, etc.

goodfence1

Last week I blogged about Maine, butter, and the evidence (or lack thereof) of the mRNA vaccines being dangerous. 

This week, a slightly different angle. Here's the question I'd suggest using to begin the discussion at your Shabbat table:

What are the arguments for a person to get the vaccine?

I ask this because too often I've heard the following reasons:

- It's the only way to stay safe (not true for everyone)
- It's the only way to stop this pandemic if everyone gets it (not true)
- It puts others at risk if you don't get it (not at all clear that this is true)
- there's no downside (not true for everyone)

As you know from what I wrote last week, I'm not anti-vax. But this is not a health blog nor even a good citizen blog; it's a Jewish spirituality blog.

So the question I'd like to leave you for your table is: What's the Jewish spirituality take on taking a vaccine?
 
 
Shabbat Shalom

 
Enjoyed this Table Talk? Vote with your fingers! Like ittweet it, forward it....
  

No comments: