Friday, September 20, 2019

The e-Ride of your e-Life?

The purpose of this email is to provide a little assist to the Shabbat table... Please print and share.
ebike displayThis week while in San Francisco, a rare opportunity came my way.... I experienced something truly new (to me).

If you think about it, most of what we do is repetitive. How often do you experience something you've never experienced before?

That's actually OK, I think — practice makes perfect.

Some people are constantly seeking new foods, new flavors, but having a steady, boring diet may be a key to great health.

First question for your table: Can you remember trying something very new that changed your view of the world, or changed your life?

This week, that new thing for me was riding what they are calling an "e-bike" (to see the variety of kinds, click or tap the above image).

Now, this is not "e" as in the model that follows a, b, c and d.

Nor is this "E-Type" (although some of the prices may make you think so).

For the uninitiated, we're talking about an electric bike. Not a moped. What makes these new and special is that the electric motor doesn't kick in if you are not pedaling. It's there to assist you.

So if you're hitting a steep hill, you tap the assist button and suddenly riding up that hill feels like riding on level. It reminds me of the rewalk.

Here's the catch: after about an hour, I started feeling a bit guilty on those inclines, that I wasn't working hard enough. That I was somehow cheating, even though I wasn't in any competition.

Afteralll, unlike the Rewalk and similar products, I didn't need the e-bike. I could have ridden the same route (albeit much slower) with a regular bike.

Question for your table - Is getting an assist when you don't need it "cheating"?


How about giving one?


Shabbat Shalom



Enjoyed this Table Talk? Vote with your fingers!  Like it, forward it....





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was very pleased to find this web-site.I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post. y8y8y8 || kizi || abcya4