Friday, August 24, 2018

40 Meditations

The purpose of this blog is to create some forward-thinking at the Shabbat table. Please print and share.

RH survival kitQuestion for your table: What's the most important way to prepare for Rosh Hashana?

Last night I attended a lecture where the rabbi suggested the answer to the question goes like this:

1. The most important thing we do on Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur is lots more prayers than the rest of the year.

2. Ergo, the most important preparation would be to study the prayers, or prepare somehow for that experience.

Hmmm... is he speaking my language?

Last week I mentioned the old favorite,
25 Questions for the High Holidays.

This week, we offer you an expanded and improved version for 2018:

40 Meditations for the High Holidays.

- 28 to prepare for Rosh Hashana
- 5 for Rosh Hashana
- 7 for Yom Kippur

.... still on a single page.


For a free copy, send an email.

And if you want more than a single page to change your High Holidays for the better, try clicking on the image above.

Question #2 for your table: Why does Rosh Hashana matter anyway?


Shabbat Shalom
 

Enjoyed this Table Talk? Vote with your fingers! Like it, tweet it, forward it....


3 comments:

micha berger said...

"For a free copy, send an email." Cute trick, since you don't have your email address up on this blog!

I am going to parse your AIM id on your profile page and build a guess at your email address from it.

micha berger said...

Waving my hand, trying to get your attention.

Anonymous said...

I was very pleased to find this web-site.I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post. friv game 2020 || kizi || abcya4