Friday, November 17, 2017

Fool me 30 times, shame on?

The purpose of this blog is to wisen up the Friday night dinner table. Please print and share (+ like it, tweet it, forward)
Dedicated by friends in San Francsico to the memory of Yermiyahu Matan (Jeremy Dossetter),
alav hashalom whose Shloshim ends today.
 
 
Einstein quoteFirst question for your table: Should this email be used for commenting on current events?

I'm sad to admit that scandalous, horrid human behavior doesn't shock me. I'm guessing you may agree.

Saddens, disappoints, but does not shock.

Personally, the biggest shock I received recently was the email last week from a subscriber to this very list.

If you recall, last week I eulogized Rabbi Mendel Freedman, contrasting his outstanding character with men in recent news.

My comparison displeased a certain reader. Here is her reply, in full:

 
Where was this chat when a man who is NOW PRESIDENT was accused by more women?
When FOX News elite were ousted?
Why are you not mentioning the GOP politician in Alabama?
Is your bias showing?
 
I work in Hollywood and it has always been a “boys will be boys” land or horror.
But I have also worked for Jewish Federations that were JUSt as horrific for me, as a woman!
But when members of the tribe VOTED FOR THE LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD despite his atrocities, they lost ALL RIGHTS to this discussion.
 
And your silence on THAT side of the issue is making me ask you to unsubscribe me!

I am disappointed and disgusted!


First question for your table: How would you respond to her?

Acknowledge her pain? Check.

Sympathize with her mistrust? Check.

Agree with her analysis? No way.

Check the archives — this blog usually steers clear of politics and other over-reported current events.

But bias is a serious accusation, especially within the realm of news and education ,it better be backed up with a modicum of invetor. Here is some of the evidence:


http://rabbiseinfeld.blogspot.com/2016/08/how-you-play-game.html


Question for your table: Is there a pattern?

Maybe the pattern depends on how you answer this question:

What gets you out of bed in the morning — t
o feed your desires, or to leave a legacy?


Shabbat Shalom


No comments: