Friday, December 02, 2016

Teaming With Rivals

Does this ever happen to you?
rivalsSo you come home to find that they're at each other's throats. Again.

This time the older one is livid:

"I'm not sharing a room with her any... more!" (she breaks the word "anymore" into two words). "I... refuse!"

"Why, what happened?"

"She's being so mean to me!"

"Tell me what happened."

And so on. The details don't matter. What matters is the following dilemma for your table:

Do you try to make shalom, or do you go for truce?

Or refuse to get involved?

Similarly, yesterday I had a very uncomfortable phone call.

I found myself speaking with someone who has been working on a project that is remarkably similar to one of our projects.

Neither theirs nor ours has been launched yet. Neither of us wanted to tell the other many details about what we are doing.

Question #2 for your table: Would you call us rivals? If so, what next?

And Question #3 — In such a situation, would you yourself rather be the "first to market" (not knowing what the other side is cooking), or be second (allowing you to respond better to what they are doing)?

And Question #4 — Is life like chess in this way?


Shabbat Shalom


PS - Now it's really time to pay attention to the number of days to Channuka.... and then see our recommended Jewish books & gifts.
PPS - Did you find this week's easter egg?
When you forgive, you in no way change the past - but you sure do change the future.
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_forgiveness.html
When you forgive, you in no way change the past - but you sure do change the future.
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_forgivene

dfdfd

Like this email? How about putting your gelt where your gab is: Like it, tweet it, or just forward it.

2 comments:

Oanhtt said...

I was very pleased to find this web-site.I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.
15 best apps on shopify || the best curency converter shopify || flash sale discount app on shopify

Anonymous said...

Great post.It seems to be interesting and gave me lot of information,Thank for sharing it.I am looking forward for new articles.keep it up.
friv Games online 2020 || kizi free online Games | abcya games