Friday, September 05, 2014

Put Your Mouth Where Your Money Is

The goal of this blog is to up the ethical ante around your Shabbat table. Please print and share.
 
zip-itA reader of this blog, in response to my Deadliest Weapons post a few weeks ago, replied with a list of practical questions about ethical speech.

These issues are so interesting and relevant, I thought you might find them great conversation-starter for your table:


1. What to do if one is asked for an opinion about someone for the purpose of a job, as service provider, participation in a project or an activity, etc.?

2. What if one knows something negative about the person’s professional abilities or personal conduct?

3. What if one heard from someone else something negative? Say, someone asks me about a doctor or lawyer or gardener or plumber etc. and even though I don’t have personal experience with this doctor, lawyer, etc. I heard from someone else negative things (professional or personal) about this person. Should I provide the information I heard to someone asking me about that doctor, lawyer etc.?


(I don't want to spoil your fun by telling you my answers, but if you'd like them, I'll swap you for yours!)

Shabbat Shalom

PS – To find High Holiday books and activities for kids, or gifts for teachers (and other thoughtful adults), please use bestjewishkidsbooks.com. For the amazing teacher in your life, we recommend a 1-year subscription to amazingnature4teachers.com.


Like this email? How about putting your mouse where your mouth is: Like it, tweet it, or just forward it to someone who might enjoy it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This survey can be done in online mode in which the company directly asks the questions regarding with their experience. The customer should participate in this survey and should answer genuinely. friv2020 || kizi ||abcya4 free games