Friday, February 26, 2016

I of the Beholder

The goal of this blog is to make the Friday night dinner table more real.
Wishing Mom a continued recovery.
Wishing Harmon in San Francisco a speedy recovery.


Giraffes Last week I asked you to define true art.

This week is a related question.

It begins with an anecdote that occurred a few days ago.

Tehila, our six-year-old, lost another tooth.

This one had been tenacious. It seemed to be dangling there forever. She finally pulled it out herself.

The next day, she said to me (in front of the whole family), "Abba, the Tooth Fairy didn't come!"

"Hmm..." I said. "Who's the Tooth Fairy?"

I literally had no idea how she was going to answer that question.

She said, "Mommy."

My question for you, dear reader, is what do you think was going through her head when she said those words, "Abba, the Tooth Fairy didn't come."

May I underscore: Mommy was there in the room when this conversation took place.

That same day, somebody sent me this dramatic video of giraffes doing something incredible:


GIRAFFES

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure giraffes can't do that. I'm pretty sure that if someone had actually trained one giraffe to do anything remotely like this, that I would have heard about it.

But they can do it, can't they? I mean, look at that video.

So this week's question for your table is:

What is "real"? What you "see"? What you think? What you feel?



Shabbat Shalom 

Like this post? How about putting your gelt where your gab is: Like it, tweet it, or just forward it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would definitely thank the admin of this blog for sharing this information with us. Waiting for more updates from this blog admin. y8y8y8 || kizi || abcya4