Friday, May 07, 2010

Say It Again, Sam

Last week I did something unusual - I asked an open-ended question, and promised a book for the best answer(s). Some people wrote in that the answer is to be a more giving, forgiving person etc.

I would say that self-transformation is a vision for avoiding the rut in the first place.

But it can take years to change one's disposition.

What about when a relationship is in a rut of negativity - how do you get out of the rut?

Here is the answer you've been waiting for....

I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I'll keep saying it until you actually go and do it:

Lock yourself in the bathroom.

Look in the mirror.

Practice uttering the two hardest phrases in the English language:

"I'm so wrong."
"I'm really sorry."

Let's try that again:

"My bad."
"Sorry!"

Practice makes perfect:

"That was dumb of me!"
"Please forgive me."

Here's something to do at your table that will get everyone laughing and out of their ego-shell at the same time: See if you can come up with 10 different ways to say I'm wrong and I'm sorry.

Everyone who sends in 10+10 answers wins... yes, a free copy of the new Art of Amazement! 1 entry per family!

(Congratulations to last week's winners, I won't name them in public but they'll be getting a book.)


Shabbat Shalom



PS - what do you think of this?

“A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.” - Churchill

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved your quote from Churchill!! Unfortunately there is another quote that has proven itself an even bigger truth: "Tell a lie big enough and long enough and people will begin to believe it!!" Unfortunately I do believe that our greatest enemy used that quote against us in the last great war. We need to remember to stand "tall with Truth" and Tzedek will be with you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for any other informative web site. The place else may just I get that type of info written in such an ideal way? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I have been at the glance out for such info. abcya club , jogos friv online , 2player games