Friday, November 15, 2019

No Your Limits

The purpose of this email is to negotiate some deeper thinking at the Shabbat table... Please print and share.

No with a smileNo, that's not a typo.

One reason this email is so late is because this morning I spent about two hours working on the wedding plans for our daughter.

(Yes, that's the breaking news - our oldest daughter Goldy is engaged. It's a great guy from a great family and we're humbled.)

Anyway, the caterer said to me this morning, "I've been in this business for thirty years and the most important lesson I've learned is to know when to say no. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. Know your weaknesses and don't agree to take on things you can't do."

First question for your table - Is that true? If so, is it always true, or are there exceptions?

I told him that I'd like to add a corollary: Know how to say no.

To which I'll add a 2nd question for your table - What are the best and worst ways to say no?



Shabbat Shalom

To learn about other JSL projects, click here.

Enjoyed this Table Talk? Vote with your fingers!  Like it, tweet it, forward it....
  

No comments: