Friday, July 16, 2021

Speaking of Speaking

The purpose of this blog is to stimulate some speaking at the Shabbat table. Please print and share.
Mazal tov to Todd and Calla on the birth of their first grandchild, Michael Eden, and to the parents, Bobby & Yifat!

dog-tongueOnce more the topic of speech comes up, a third week on the mountain.

Two days ago I was yelled at and called a mild expletive by someone I know because he felt that my car was misparked.

I was actually standing a few feet from the car and wasn't blocking traffic nor breaking any laws.

Moreover, I would not have even been there at that moment had my departure not been delayed by a 3rd party who was asking me for help for a 4th party whose life is in danger. 

None of this is to say that he was wrong and I was right, maybe he was right and I was wrong!

But: it was very dark and he clearly didn't recognize me.

4 questions for your table:

Should I assume that had he recognized me he wouldn't have said what he said?
Should I also assume that he later regretted what he said?
Does it really matter what people call you or say about you?
How would you react in such a situation?


Shabbat Shalom


Appreciated this Table Talk? Vote with your fingers! Like ittweet it, forward it....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your sharing articles. I have been finding interesting posts and your articles are what I need. They are really useful and engaging. They are precious pieces of advice. I can branch out with new knowledge. Learn captivating things. Hope you will upload more me.
Abcya club
Frivclassic.net
frivland.blogspot.com
y8y8y8gamesonline.blogspot.com