Friday, December 02, 2022

Going Up or Down?

The purpose of this email is to get up-votes at the Shabbat table... please share!





upvote

downvoteLast week's rare bird - my video message in honor of Thanksgiving - received a spectrum of responses, from praise, to criticism to "the link doesn't work!"

Don't know why the link didn't work for some, but the above should work for everyone.

Yesterday, I had an impromptu meeting with the principals of a certain Jewish school. Inside the building, as I walked through the hallways toward the office, I genuinely enjoyed that two-minute stroll. Everything was clean and tidy, through the classroom windows I spied what appeared to be engaged students, and the teenagers who passed me went out of their way to be friendly. 

Sitting with the principals, I described this pleasant experience, and they seemed genuinely pleased to hear the unsolicited feedback. I know that they (like most principals) are working very, very hard to improve their school and I expect my comments were validating.

But then one of them asked, half-jokingly, "Do you say that about every school you go to?"

The answer is... well, no, I don't say that if it isn't true, but I do indeed try to look for something positive to say. Why not begin a conversation with something positive? 

This is this week's question for your table: Is it better to begin every conversation with something positive, or are there times when this would be inappropriate?


Shabbat Shalom


PS - Here's the official countdown to Channukah...


Enjoyed this Table Talk? Vote with your fingers!  Like ittweet it, forward it....{VR_SOCIAL_SHARING}

No comments: