Friday, April 29, 2022

What Are You Living For?

The purpose of this email is to foster Shabbat conversation to die for....please print, share, and forward. 

Happy birthday shout-out to Aryeh! Live long and prosper! 


ThinkerDid you enjoy the animated graphic last week? (Did you click on it?)

(Please tell me if these please you or annoy you.)

Here's a question you could use at your Shabbat table.

On my first adult trip to Israel, exploring my Jewish roots, I found myself in an intro-to-Judaism class.

The rabbi asked us, "What are you willing to die for?"

He didn't ask the question rhetorically - he put each one of us on the spot and asked us to respond.

Try asking that at the table: "What are you willing to die for?"

In our group, if I recall correctly, most people didn't have an answer. I'm pretty sure that I didn't. 

After everyone at your table has a chance to respond, here's the rabbi's follow-up question:

"Why does it matter?"

The rabbi's answer: If you know what you're willing to die for, then you know what you're living for. If you don't know what you're willing to die for, you don't know what you're living for!

Final question for the table: do you agree?

Shabbat Shalom


PS - If you're trying to do the daily mitzvah of counting the Omer, you could bookmark the daily count here.


Appreciated this Table Talk? Like ittweet it, forward it....


No comments: