Friday, November 20, 2020

Hardly of Hearing?

 The purpose of this blog is to perk up some ears at the Shabbat table. Please print and share...

In one ear

This is what happened:

The other day, I scheduled a meeting with someone. I asked him to bring a couple items to the meeting, let's call them X, Y, and Z.

He shows up to the meeting without X, Y and Z.

I ask him, "Why didn't you bring X, Y and Z, as you said you would?"

"I never said that! I NEVER said that. I'm sure I never said that."

"Boy, I wish I had a recording of our conversation...."

4 questions for your table....

Who's right?
More broadly, who's more responsible, the speaker or the listener? 
Is this possibly a case of "people hear what they want to hear"?
What's the moral of the story?


Shabbat Shalom

 

PS - Yes, the image as always is clickable...


Enjoyed this Table Talk? Vote with your fingers! Like ittweet it, forward it....
  

No comments: