Friday, December 06, 2019

Life's Greatest Question?

The purpose of this email is to raise the QQ (question quotient) at your Shabbat table... Please share...
In memory of my maternal grandfather, Chaim ben Avraham, whose yahrzeit was observed yesterday, who died very young many years ago but has never been forgotten. (To dedicate a future Table Talk, send an email.)


Why-whatIn the spirit of last week's post, thank you to the anonymous soul who designed this inspiring image which appeared in my inbox yesterday.

It was timely — over the past couple weeks we've learned of several people, both friends and friends of friends, currently battling cancer and other life-threatening conditions.

I believe that the key to this mantra ("What is this teaching me?") is to apply it to my own challenges, not yours.

To your challenges, I respond with empathy and any help I can give.

To my challenges, I try to train myself to ask this question.


Question for your table: How many times a week could you ask yourself that question? (How many times a day?)


Shabbat Shalom


PPS - When you shop using Amazon Smile, you can designate Jewish Spiritual Literacy as your charity, and they will gift a percentage of your purchase to JSLI - for the same cost to you. To make a direct tax-deductible donation, or to learn about other JSL projects, click here.

Enjoyed this Table Talk? Vote with your fingers!  Like ittweet it, forward it....
  

No comments: